Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So turns out Staci Spilsbury came and surprised me today so I don't have much time to write. :) We're on our way to the temple then to the pageant tonight. The pageant is so stinking cool. I know I've said that before. I only get to come up about every other night now that I'm in Carthage but it's cool. Plus it's funny cause we serve till the end so we end up going to bed at like midnight. Haha! I don't know why my mom thought I was going on a party mission... :)

It's so cool serving in Carthage. The feeling of the Spirit is just so strong there. It's amazing (sorry Dad, there we go again with that word...) to be able to tell people that the peaceful sweet spirit they feel is the Holy Ghost testifying of them truthfulness of what's being shared and of the gospel. And then people who are of our faith it's exciting to remind them that there are people waiting to feel that same thing who just need them to share what the restored gospel is.

I'm always explaining to people when they're asking what missions are and about what I do out here that the only reason I'm out here is because I have something so very close to my heart that I know to be the truth and I want to offer them the opportunity to find out for themselves. Our purpose as missionaries (and as member missionaries) in fact is to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." What a cool full-time job I have! :)

Ok, all the silly stories will have to wait til next week. More on the lettuce and everything. Love you all.

-Sis C

PO Box 215
Nauvoo, IL 62354

No comments: